For those of you who are in need of the safest way to store your weapons, you will be pleased with our Stack-On GCB-908 8-Gun Steel Security Cabinet Review today. All the Stack-On safes and cabinets are California Department of Justice approved and meets all the standards for storing your firearms safely.
Personally, I have one of this myself and do exactly what it’s intended for as it places a big metal box with security lock around my guns at an affordable price. In addition, what makes it so great it is one of the cheapest cabinets compared to other makes available online?
The Design of the Stack-On GCB-908
When looking at the Stack-On GCB-908 close it seems thin but still strong. It is feature welded and made from durable steel with a 3-point locking systems double butted and comes with a key coded lock. The hinges are welded and staked steel, feature a patented, curved non-marring rest for gun barrels, and have standoffs for the scopes.
The color of the cabinets baked with epoxy & black and durable. There are pre-drilled mounting holes for ease of attaching to a wall and the floor. You receive the fastening & finishing hardware included. Aligning the cabinets made easier with the pre-drilled top mounting holes.
The locking system has a plate that passes through the top and bottom for added security while the large steel fasten plates protected at the back the doorframe found in the center section of the door panel. The GCB-908 cabinet stores 8 rifles or shotguns that are 54-inches tall.
In the back of the cabinet, you receive a removable shelf if you need additional storage space. At the bottom of the cabinet, you have foam padding to protect the barrel of your guns. You will also note that the removable shelf is positioned in the front section of the cabinet to easily fit longer guns behind it.
Carries the approval of the California Penal Code
When you are looking for any type of safe or cabinet for your guns it is best to look for one approved by the California Penal Code Section 12088 and any of the regulations issued hereunder. This one most definitely carries this approval.
- The Stack-On GCB-908 holds up to eight rifles and shotguns that are standing 54-inches tall,
- With the top shelf, it gives you more storage space and you can remove it as it has patented curved non-marring barrel rest with standoffs for scopes,
- The shelf is positioned in the front so that you can place long guns in the back,
It has foam padding at the bottom to prevent scratches to gun barrels,
- The hinges are full-length welded and steel piano formed for greater security – it also has a 3-point locking system that is key coded with a double butted lock,
- The bottom is flush mounted for ease of fastening to the floor and includes all the required hardware,
- The cabinet weighs 60.6 pounds and has a dimension of 10-inches x 21-inches x 55-inches
- Includes a one-year limited warranty.
Stack-On GCB-908 Reviews from Clients
No matter where you look for Stack-On GCB-908 reviews online, clients are more than pleased with the price of the product and work for the basics. The only concern that most users had is that the steel is a bit thin and feel that burglars will have easy access to it if they do have the right tools with them.
Pros and Cons Associated with the GCB-908 Cabinet
- Affordably priced compared to most other brands in the same range,
- Works well for basic gun storage with ample space to place up to 8 rifles or shotguns,
- The steel cabinet is quite strong but a bit thin,
- The bottom is padded for damage control to your gun barrels, and
The top shelf you can keep inside or remove if you do need extra storage space.
- As mentioned before the steel is a bit thin and could have been thicker,
- The cabinet will tip forward if you do not fixture it to the wall and floor as some users complained about this,
Overall, if you have reached the end of our Stack-On GCB-908 8-Gun Steel Security Cabinet Review, it is a superb product for the price. This is a budget friendly entry-level cabinet and for those who complained about it not having a top of the line features – remember you pay more for those features. If you need something to protect your gun collections and does not break the bank this is your best solution. It will keep your prized possessions out of kids’ hands and keep unwanted guests from poking around in your things.