In our modern day society, especially in America, everyone is gun crazy – and with gun crazy comes safety. Especially, keeping your firearm locked away out of the kid’s hands preventing unforeseen accidents. If you are not looking for a big massive safe and only have, one firearm the Sentry Safe QAP1BE Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe is perfect.
This biometric safe is made for a smaller sized handgun and you program it to read your fingerprint and one of the finest in biometric technology. This is great if cannot remember passwords.
Why you should buy the Sentry Safe QAP1BE
First, it will make a great long-term solution as humans are known to have memory lapses while your fingerprint never changes. The Sentry Safe QAP1BE stores up to two fingerprints and you can use a password as well in addition to the fingerprint scanner to open the pistol safe if needed.
The pistol safe is made from thick steel and compact enough to fit into a desk drawer or for keeping safe in a larger safe. The design of the Sentry Safe is innovative, requires only one of your hands to operate, and requires no additional programming. Furthermore, it provides you with three different access features including the biometric scanner, keyed lock, and entry code.
The safe opens with a dense gas strut holds the door open and works super quiet in stealth situations.
The QAP1BE safe is made of 12-gauge stainless steel making it light and great for transporting. It can also withstand a blow from an axe and the doors are pry-safe. The reason for this is that the lip that overhangs the bottom section of the safe prevents anyone from using a crowbar to open it and presents you with no advantage in being able to pry it open.
At the bottom of the pistol safe, you can find pre-drilled holes to mount it to the base of the floor or a drawer and comes included with the mounting hardware. The gun safe provides enough storage for 1 by full sized handgun or for placing two super compact pistols.
However, this biometric safe works differently to other brands as it has a copper strip found underneath the section where you place your finger and detects the warmth of your body to initiate the process. This is a superb feature as it reduces the time to open the safe and leaves your other hand free to grab your pistol make ease of access great.
The Sentry Safe QAP1BE Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe has a quiet operation and only works in silent mode with a flashing LED light providing feedback. While the gas powered door strut lifts the safe door with ease, making no noise and prevents alerting burglars of what you are doing.
It only provides you access with storing up to 4 enrolled fingers, however, does require you to do them from all angles at once providing it with a full image right away of your fingerprint. The safe is battery operated, works with 4 x AA batteries that are not included in the package, and warns you of battery life with the flashing LED.
Specifications and Features
- Has a solid 12-gauge stainless steel construction that is pry-resistant
- Designed with a biometric secure lock, with a backlit, electronic keypad, allowing up to 2 users with a tubular override key
- The door opens silently with the compression designed gas strut and holds it open for you providing single-handed access
- Provides enough storage for your firearm
- Works with 4 AA batteries for both the biometric system and keypad
- You receive a one-year limited warranty
- Dimensions: 6.6” H x 9.7” W x 2.2” D and weighs 12.9 pounds
- Includes a protective liner
Amazon presents you with some great Sentry Safe QAP1BE Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe reviews. Overall users are pleased with the product as it keeps their handgun safe while keeping their kids out. It provides ample space for and does not suffer any design flaws. Some complaints from users are the keypad as it feels slightly spongy and makes it difficult when entering passwords and one could easily miss-enter codes when you are in stealth mode but the fingerprint access is very reliable.
Pros and Cons
- The scanner is very accurate, but you need to be cautious when using for the first time, not to do it too fast
- The safe is useful when used in the dark, especially if you are using the keypad as the first four buttons have a slight dent in them that is handy when used
- Provides enough storage space for one full sized handgun
- The provided pre-drilled holes and screws are great for mounting the safe
- The gun safe has a solid and durable design
- The keypad is very soft and a personal preference when it comes to customers as they would prefer sturdier buttons
The Sentry Safe QAP1BE Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe has a solid construction and great for people who only have one firearm that needs keeping safe. It has no design flaws while the code reset you can find underneath the plastic panel and battery pack and great as a person cannot reset the code when using a paper clip as it is pry-resistant. It has a solid construction even when dropped. So if you are looking for a small, durable safe this is the one to have!