You have all heard the saying, “Curiosity killed the cat!” Well, this goes for firearm owners if they do not have a gun safe, and have kids in the home. Kids are very curious as they grow up and do amazing things you have never thought up yourself. They may look as if they are not clever, but they will prove you wrong.
Moreover, to your amazement, they climb like chimps and this makes you wonder, have you hidden your firearm in a suitable place and out of their hands. If not, it is time to start thinking about buying a gun safe. Stay a while and read on, we are sure that you will find our Gunvault GV2000S Multi Vault Standard Gun Safe Review an interesting read.
What makes the Gunvault GV2000S different ?
For one, it will reinforce your feelings towards security. Secondly, you can never be too careful when owning more than one weapon, and need a secure place to safeguard them from theft, and your kids. This is where the Gunvault GV2000S is one of the best in safeguarding your firearms and important documents.
For more than one handgun this firearm safes made to use at your office or home and worth considering.
It is a compact, versatile and safe
Versatility is endless with this firearm safe for a good reason. It is great for both your office and home as it has two shelves that are compact for storing more than one handgun. You can place one handgun in it and use the second shelved for valuable documents as well.
One thing that we noticed is that the safe is a bit taller in the front section compared to the back, and does cut down storage space. The interior of the Gunvault GV2000S Multi Vault Standard Gun safes padded out preventing damage to your firearms. You can remove the shelf for storing larger guns; however, the position of the shelf is not adjustable.
A sturdy and secure safe
As the design of the vaults made with the door in the front, you can fix it to the floor, and under a desk or nightstand. You receive the hardware and templates making it easier to fasten. It only weighs 14lbs and anyone can carry this safe or remove it when standing loose.
For additional security, it has tabs for applying security cables as well, but they are not included in the package. The safes made from 16-gauge steel with a high-strength lock. The door has a spring-loaded mechanism that works in combination with the electronic system. You can use up to millions of different codes with the 4-button system.
Programming the gun safe is easy while the supplied instructions are written clearly. You receive two by overriding keys if the batteries happen to die on you or if there is keypad failure. It has warning alert signals for low battery or wrong code entering.
Specifications and Features
- The Gunvault GV2000S is made from 16-gauge steel that is long lasting and durable,
- Exterior dimensions: 8 inches x 10 ¼ inches x 14 inches,
- Interior dimensions: 6 inches x 9 inches x 12 ¾ inches,
- Weighs 14lbs,
- Has over millions of user-selectable access codes,
- It is mountable, has a protective foam lining, and a spring loaded door,
- Designed with audio signals to warn you if the battery is low or if you entered the wrong code,
- After entering repeated incorrect codes it blocks access to the safe,
- You receive backup override keys,
- Can use a 1,500 Lb security cable with it, but you need to buy this separately,
- It does not include the 9v-1 battery and the gun safes California DOJ approved,
- You can disable the audio for stealth access, and you receive
- One-year limited warranty
You can see many Gunvault GV2000S reviews on Amazon as there are big number of clients who have bought this product. Many consumers like this safe and have rated it with 4.3 stars. However, as with any product you have positive and negative reviews, so let us check them out:
Pros and Cons
- It offers you enough space to place two medium sized handguns in it,
- The safe is easy to access,
- It is secure enough to keep unwanted hands out of it,
- The programmable keypad is superb with warning alerts for entering the wrong code, and
- You can turn off the audible sound for stealth mode.
- The shelf is a bit on the flimsy side and not adjustable if you remove the separator shelving in the middle.
- One consumer advised that there is no warning of a low battery and best to check the battery at all times.
The Gunvault GV2000S Multi Vault Standard Gun Safe is an affordable product to keep your firearms safe. As with most products, this safe has some minor flaws. However, it will keep your kids out of harm’s way. Accessing the safe is quick and easy and fills the need of keeping your guns in a safe place. So if you do have kids, make sure to keep those.