Do you own a firearm – you need a safe! Welcome, and stay for a while as we have a safe that may just interest you. First, it is a legal requirement these days to have a safe if you own a firearm. Secondly, you do not want your kids hurting themselves playing with the firearm lying around. Lastly, you do not want your firearm stolen during a theft, as this causes you great harm if that weapon used to shoot somebody.
We are proud to present you with First Alert 2092DF Waterproof 1-Hour Fire Safe with Digital Lock. This safe is part of a range of three highly rated waterproof and fireproof safes. This specific one is the 2nd biggest in its range and has a capacity of 1.31 cubic feet. Moreover, believe me, it will stand the test of time, and get the job done.
Why you need the First Alert 2092DF
A good question to ask and the reason is that the First Alert 2092DF packed with some awesome features. It is a great gun safe for your home or office and withstands potential hazards such as theft, fire, and water.
Fireproof & Waterproof Safe
When placing your valuables in this safe it has considerable security to keep it safe during a fire. It is UL classified to protect important items at 1700° for up to an hour. Not only will it protect your precious items against fire it is waterproof as well.
You know how water can damage valuable during a fire and this safe protects it from water seepage from occurring. It has a waterproof seal protecting your contents keeping it dry and safe.
In addition, the 2092DF comes with override keys that you can find concealed inside the safe. During an emergency, they are easy to access if you do happen to forget the pass codes.
It has four live locking steel bolts to secure it preventing forced entry and pry resistant as the door hinges are covered.
Suitable for storing different valuable items
Store different valuable items in the First Alert 2092DF Waterproof 1-Hour Fire Safe with Digital Lock. You can store cash, travel documents, firearms, jewelry and more. Inside the safe, you have shelves that you can detach. There is a key rack to organize small contents neatly, and they are easy to remove.
The interior of the gun safe has ample storage space for your small to medium sized items. It even protects your electronic media, against fire and water.
Ease of installation and use
One important thing about this safe is that it is easy to program by using a combination of 3 to 8 numerical codes. You can change the codes as often. If you do happen to lose the key, you can easily request one from First Alert.
The gun safe is easy to install in your business or home against any standard wall. You receive instructions making it easier for you to install.
Specification and Features
- The First Alert 2092DF weighs 93 lbs,
- It has a backlit digital keypad and an emergency override key,
- Designed with 4 live door bolts and concealed hinges, making it pry-resistant,
- The shelves are adjustable and have ample positions you can use,
- It is protected against fire and water, keeping your valuable dry up to 1700° for up to an hour,
- Place any type of valuable in it from electronic media, documents, to your firearm,
- Included inside the safe there is a hanging key rack for storing keys, passports and more,
- Has an interior dimension of 13.63 inches x 13.25 inches x 12.5 inches,
- The exterior dimension is 18 inches x 17.5 inches x 19.63 inches, and
- You receive a 5-year limited warranty, with an aftercare replacement guarantee if exposed to fire.
Overall, when it comes to First Alert 2092DF reviews, consumers have partial thoughts. Some customers like this safe as it has ample space for safekeeping, but not happy with the directions for setting the code. While others feel that, the cover over the keypad is an annoyance.
Pros and Cons related to the 2092DF safe
- As it is water and fireproof resistant, you can easily leave your valuables locked away in it,
- The codes are easy to set and reset,
- Offers you ample space for storing important items, and
- The 5-year warranty is great with the aftercare in case of a fire
- Minor complaints about the plastic handles, and the cover you need to lift up when entering the codes, and
- Many found the instructions for programming the safe a hassle.
Proper instructions for programming the codes
- Open the safe so that the bolts are extended, now position the door handle in a downward position,
- Open the cover and press the reset button,
- Enter the code followed by the # key,
- Enter again the code followed by the # key,
- The green light will light up for a successful code entering, and same methods used for changing old codes.
The First Alert 2092DF is made for safeguarding your important items at home or in your office. It protects against three important hazards, water, fire, and theft. While the five-year guarantee with after care is a windfall. For serenity, this is a reasonably priced safe to keep your possessions confined and your kids out of harm’s way.