In the United States alone, there are millions of firearm owners. That is why it’s so important to have the best gun safe in your home to protect your weapons as it takes loads of responsibility to keep it safe. With a gun safe, you can keep your firearms and other important items neatly stored away and still in reach, especially if you’re not planning to take it with you on trips. Under $500 is amount that everyone can afford and also get good features in that amount. So, here we are trying to help you with Best gun safe under 500 for your needs.
There are many different gun safes available on the market and some are very expensive, but here with us, you can find the best gun safe under 500 with some great features. You can find some great ones available that make attractive additions to your home, but most importantly, it needs to keep your weapons out kids and burglars hands.
In this short review you are going to read about
- Best gun safe cabinet under 500
- Best Rifle Safe under 500
- Best Fire and Water Proof Safe under 500
- Best Gun Safe for home under 500
- Best handgun safe under 500
|Name||Safe Type||Lock Type||Capacity||Check Out !|
|Stack-On SS-22-MB-E 22 Gun Fully Convertible Security Safe||Gun Cabinet||Electronic lock||22 Rifles Or Shotgun Or 11 Firearms with shelving||Check Price|
|BARSKA Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe||Rifle Safe||Biometric Lock||6 Rifles/ Shotgun Or 3 Rifles/Shotgun With Shelves||Check Price|
|First Alert 2092DF Waterproof 1-Hour Fire Safe with Digital Lock||Handgun Safe + Security Safe||Electronic lock||Handgun with Other Important Item/Documents||Check Price|
|BARSKA Biometric Keypad Safe||Handgun Safe + Security Safe||Biometric Lock||Handgun with Other Important Item/Documents||Check Price|
|The GunBox Biometric Hand Gun Safe||Hand Gun Safe||Biometric Lock||Handgun||Check Price|
Best Gun Safe Cabinet Under 500
Stack-On SS-22-MB-E 22 Gun Fully Convertible Security Safe
The Stack-On SS-22-MB-E 22 gun safe is a convertible security safe that has an electronic locking system that’s approved by the California Department of Justice and meets all the requirements of the Penal Code in section 12088. It is one of the best gun safes for 500 as it has a two-way locking system with a 1-inch steel live action-locking bolt with up to six locking points.
The interior of the safe’s fully carpeted while the hinges are concealed and have side steel deadbolts for added security. On the inside, you have molded barrel rests that accommodate rifles or shotguns placed side-by-side. You can place up to 22 rifles or your shotguns that measure up to 54-inches tall. Alternatively, you can store up to 11 firearms.
The safe has four adjustable shelves while the exterior of the safe has an epoxy coating with chrome engravings. The electronic lock has lights when opening the door and warns you when the battery is low. It gives you a warning if you enter the incorrect code.
- The Stack-On SS-22-MB-E gun safe holds up to 22 rifles or shotguns that measure 54-inches tall,
- You can also place up to 11 firearms for storage in the safe,
- There are four adjustable shelves,
- The interior of the safe is fully carpeted,
- It has an electronic lock with a two-way locking system,
- The safe is made from ⅛-inch steel,
- It has a light when you open the door and warns you when the battery is low or you have entered the wrong code,
- The exterior has an epoxy coat finish with chrome engravings on the outside,
- The safe weighs 245-pound and measures 17.6 x 55.1 x 26.8-inches, and
- You receive a three-year warranty
Pros l The safe has a durable build and has great inset hinges while the electronic locks easy to use.
Cons l Needs a protection against humidity.
Best Rifle Safe Under 500
BARSKA Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe
The BARSKA Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe is the best gun safe under 500. It’s a finger recognition safe that allows you rapid entry to the safe. You can place up to six full-sized rifles or shotguns in the BARSKA. You can add shelves to it to store your pistols or other items. The fingerprint scanner accepts up to 120 different fingerprints.
This is great to use if there is more than one person that needs access to the gun safe. The scanner does give occasional problems if you do not keep it clean. When it comes to appearance, it has a modern and streamlined design. The included shelve can be removed for added storage.
The safe has a three point solid dead bolt locking system that you can use manually. When buying the safe you receive a set of backup keys to use in case of an emergency. It also includes the external battery pack, and the mounting hardware. For securing the safe to the floor or wall, it has factory pre-drilled anchor points. The the safe’s powered by four AA batteries that’s included with the package.
- The BARSKA is a biometric safe that can identify up to 120 different fingerprints,
- You can store up to three rifles in it with important items such as documents,
- It has pre-drilled holes for mounting the safe to the floor or wall,
- The biometric systems operated by four AA batteries that last up to two years,
- You receive all the hardware for mounting the safe with two backup keys,
- It’s made from durable steel and
- The shelf can be removed for added space or you can add more shelves to it, and weighs 66-pounds,
- Interior measurements are 6.3 x 9.7 x 52-inches; exterior measurements 8.6 x 9.8 x 52.17-inches
- You receive a 12-month warranty
Pros l Fits into most bedroom closets, well built, can turn off the beeping sound, approved by the California Firearm Safety
Cons l it could have been a bit wider and deeper.
Best Fire and Water Proof Gun safe under 500
First Alert 2092DF Waterproof 1-Hour Fire Safe with Digital Lock
The First Alert 2092DF is one of the best guns safe for 500 that’s water and fireproof. It has a digital lock. The safe, includes an override and is constructed from durable steel and sealed against water damage. The safe’s ETL and UL-certified to protect your valuable for up to an hour at 1700° Fahrenheit and verified to protect your electronic devices placed in the safe.
It has pry-resistant hinges, concealed and opens with a programmable digital lock that has a four locking bolt system. The gun safe includes an adjustable shelf with a handy key rack. The safe weighs 93 LBS and measures 17.5 x 19.63 x 18-inches. The digital lock has a water protective cover to protect the digital keypad.
- The First Alert 2092DF safe is water and fireproofs for up to one-hour,
- It has a 1.3 cubic foot capacity and made with durable material,
- The digital keypad is backlit and has a protective cover over it and comes with an override key,
- There is one removable shelf that you can adjust as well to add items to the safe and it comes with a hanging key rack that you can remove,
- It has concealed hinges and a four bolt locking system,
- It is both ETL and UCL-certified and weighs 93 pounds and measures 17.5 x 19.63 x 18-inches, and
- Includes a 5-year warranty
Pros l The safe is fire and waterproof that’s great for keeping your electronic devices and media safe, well made, the digital keypad is easy to program and affordable
Cons l Many people do not like the cover over the digital pad, but this helps to protect the keypad from water damage.
Best Gun safe under 500 for Home
BARSKA Biometric Keypad Safe
For one of the best gun safes under 500, the BARSKA Biometric Keypad Safe stands out for some great reasons. This safe has a Biometric Fingerprint Scanner and includes a numeric digital keypad. You can store up to 30 different fingerprints and program one PIN code into its memory.
Included with your package you receive two extra backup keys, the mounting hardware, 4 AA batteries, and the protective floor mat to keep your valuables free from scratches. This specific model you can buy in three different sizes.
With the Biometric Scanning Image Sensor, it uses optical sensors to encrypt images of the fingerprints and stores it in the gun safes memory. For additional security measures, it has a motorized dead bolt system that prevents any tampering with bolts.
- The BARSKA Biometric safe can store up to 30 different fingerprints in its memory,
- There are two ways you can access the safe one is the Biometric fingerprint access and the other is the digital numeric keypad that you can program one PIN code,
- It has a solid two steel mechanized locking bolt system,
- It comes with pre-drilled holes for mounting the safe and includes the mounting hardware,
- On the inside of the safe, it has a protective mat,
- You receive a set of two backup keys to override the safe, and
- Includes a one-year warranty
Pros l Well built safe that has a solid latching mechanism, the biometric scanner works well if your hands are clean, the keypad works without any problems, and the pre-drilled holes are great for mounting the safe securely
Cons l The only problems customers have with this safe is the learn button that anyone according to them can be accessed with a paperclip.
Best Handgun Safe Under 500
The GunBox Biometric Hand Gun Safe
For a perfect solution to hide your handgun, the GunBox Biometric Hand Gun Safe is superb. It has a sleek design and made from durable aircraft aluminum alloy and works with the biometric technology to give you access to the safe.
It has a small footprint that is great as you can store it in your nightstand and has USB ports to charge any type of gadget. It has a Kensington lock port that adds security and with the biometric scanner, you have quick access to the safe. It has a warning alarm system if someone tries to open or move it.
The biometric system for this gun safe under 500 has a RFID scanner that memorizes different fingerprints. It has an internal motion sensor and you can use it with a wristband, ring, or sticker label that you can buy separately from the safe.
It has a battery backup with a shut off switch, designed to use in the home or your vehicle, and is FAA approved to transport your firearm when flying.
- The GunBox handgun safe has a RFID scanner that you can store multiple fingerprints on,
- It has an internal motion sensor with alarm warning you if someone moves or tries to open it,
- You can buy the RF ring, sticker label or wristband separately,
- It has two USB ports for charging different mobile devices,
- It has a battery backup with a shut off switch,
- It has included mounting holes and is great to use at home, in your vehicle, or when traveling by air,
- You can buy the Kensington lock port that is sold separately,
- The gun box is a FAA and TSA approved safe,
Pros l The gun box holds a SIG P250 and a Taurus PT111 pistol, the wristband you buy extra is great to control access to the safe, the box has a sturdy build, the alarm feature is great, has a light on the inside of the gun box.
If you’re in the market to buy a gun safe to keep your most prized belongings safe and have a limited budget, we are sure that you will find a suitable one in our gun safe under 500 list. They are durable, easy to use, give you enough space for your firearms, and some are even FAA and TSA approved. Some of them you can mount to the floor & wall while others are unique enough to take with you on a trip. The most important thing is that those will keep your firearms and other important items safe.
Any firearm holder needs protection from their home to the office. This is where the BARSKA Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe is the best in its kind. As a firearm owner, I recently bought myself one of these biometric safes to keep my rifles and some of my sensitive documents and equipment out of harm’s way. Since I have received it and mounted it in a safe place in my home, I am pleased to say that I am very impressed with this cabinet for a good reason and would like to share my review with you.
What Makes The BARSKA Quick Safe Special
The BARSKA Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe provides you with loads of space to keep your valuables securely stashed away. Even for a person who does not have an armory of firearms, the rifle safe provides you with ample space to hold up to four rifles and fitted with a dependable biometric fingerprint reader storing up to 120 fingerprints.
With the fingerprint reader, you can easily open it safely and found that it takes plus minus 4 – 5 seconds to open. The advantage is that you only use one finger and need to keep the reader clean from smudges on a regular basis and best to wipe it clean after use.
There is no fumbling around in the dark by trying to remember password codes or combinations, to open as good in anyone’s books. All that you need to do is push the power button, scan your fingerprint on the provided optic sensor and the door opens.
Ample storage space
The interior of the BARSKA Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe has a four position-resting place to keep your shotgun and rifle securely in an upright position. It has a small storage shelf that you can remove if you are in need of more space. With the shelf in place, you can store your spare magazines and ammo or use it to keep other important items safely packed away. The four positions-resting sections, one can remove as well.
The safe weighs in at 66 pounds, making it difficult for one person to move around and for ease of installing it has 6 mounting points found in the back of the gun safe. You receive the mounting hardware included. Once the gun safe arrived, I was able to mount it securely to a wall or even the floor as well.
It has a solid steel construction with a 3-point locking system preventing ease of access. According to the manufacturer, the scanning optical sensor is energy efficient and the provided 4 AA included batteries should last for up to 2-years (still need to prove this, as I have not owned it long enough.)
The color of the rifle safe is black and the complete constructions 2mm steel. Once you open the safe, it warns you with a beep sound and one can mute this function. In case the batteries fail, you have backup keys to access the gun safe. Alternatively, you can use the external battery pack that is great for changing the batteries with new ones.
Specifications and Features of the AX11652
- The AX11652 is front-opening rifle safe that you can either mount to the floor or a wall
- It is secured with a 3-point deadlocking system
- For ease of access the BARSKA Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe can store up to 120 different fingerprints
- When opened the safe alerts you with a beeping sound that you can mute
- Designed with pre-drilled mounting holes and includes mounting hardware
- For backup, you receive two keys if the batteries fail to operate or the reader fails to scan
- The rifle safe has an emergency back-up battery pack and operates with 4 AA batteries supplied
- Made from 2mm steel and available in color black
- Dimensions: Exterior 8.6 x 9.8 x 52.17-inches, Interior 6.3 x 9.7 x 52-inches
- Weighs 66 lbs
- Not fireproof or waterproof
- 1-year limited warranty
- CA DOJ approved
What other Users Had To Say About The AX11652
In general, other users have provided some helpful BARSKA Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe Reviews. They are pleased as the biometric reader works flawlessly and is easy to set up. The rifle safe is well constructed and durable and storing the fingerprints even if the battery fails is superb. The only negative remarks regarding this model are one person who said that it does not hold 4 long guns that have pistol grips and scopes attached to them. While another user commented that not all models of rifles fit into the safe.
Benefits and Disadvantages while using the AX11652
- I have found that I can easily access the AX11652 in the dark without the need of using a key
- The cabinet is easily accessible and a great benefit by means of the included finger reader as I am hopeless at remembering passwords
- The mute function is great as the beep sound can become annoying when used
- The provided back-up keys work as expected and the fact that you have an external battery pack is great
- The shelf and barrel holder is removable to provide more space if you need it
- As I do not personally own different types of rifles I have not found any defects in the rifle safe
- With the one customer previously mentioning that not all types of long rifles fit into the safe could be a problem for some
- At times, the finger reader will not scan your fingerprint and best to keep the reader clean and wipe it off when received before recording fingerprints and after use
The BARSKA Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe is an excellent, safe to keep your rifles and handguns secure. The gun safe is easy to access in any type of situation by only using your finger. It has a sturdy design with durable construction to keep all your items out of prying hands. Although the safe is not fireproof or waterproof, it does carry the CA DOJ approval that is a plus for me. If you are looking for these features, you can expect to pay more as this model comes at an affordable price. If you need to keep your firearms out of the kids’ hands and still meet the requirements regarding having firearms at home this is your best solution.