Gun safes have been around forever. Do you remember the Western Movies as a child? Remember how the Cowboys blew up those old safes when robbing banks.
Those safes had a durable steel construction, but they still blew it up. With this in mind, firearm storage has changed over the years and has finally met up with technology.
This you can clearly see in the Gun Box 2.0 review here. Firearm storage is an essential item to have in the home if you are a gun owner. On the average gun, safes remained unchanged. You used either a dial combination or a key to open your safe.
Things gradually started changing, advancing to the electronic keypad and fingerprint controlled safes. Now technology has improved to biometric and RFID (Radio-Frequency Identification) as seen in the Gun Box 2.0.
This truly is a ‘Smart Safe’ with a magnificent design and packed with technology. You can consider this safe as the Mercedes of all handgun safes.
Therefore, without keeping you waiting too long, let us find out if this firearm storage is the one you have been waiting for.
What makes the Gun Box 2.0 unique?
You must agree with us that the Gun Box 2.0 has a sleek and sexy design. You can buy it in a variety of stylish colors Carbon Black, Gun Smoke, Gun Barrel Raw Silver, Billet Grey, Glossy Bond Black, and Arctic White. The company has two models of handgun safes each with their own bells and whistles.
Furthermore, they make a great looking rifle safe. However, the importance of this review is based on the Gun Box 2.0 handguns safe. When you look at the 2.0, Gun Box model you must agree with the design it will look great on a nightstand.
This handgun safe you do not want to hide away. The construction of the 2.0 consists of aircraft-grade aluminum and weighs 7.2 pounds.
The question on your mind is how practical and reliable is this gun box to use?
To be honest, this is one of the most advanced handgun safes available online. The uniqueness of the firearm safe is the technology used to construct it. You have the choice of opening the 2.0 with either the RFID or the fingerprint (biometric) access. The 2.0 offers you versatility with both technologies.
The biometric scanner, you can adjust to remember up to 100 fingerprints and very reliable. Furthermore, you can open the handgun safe with RFID and you receive two RFID key cards and two RFID key fobs with your purchase. When using either of the RFID entry methods you need to hold the fobs at least 4-inches over it to unlock the safe box.
It does not stop here you can also buy the RFID bracelets, rings, and stickers to use as a custom key opener for the safe. Gun Box did not stop here they even included Bluetooth technology to use with your Smartphone. With the app on your Android or iPhone, you have full control of the Gun Box 2.0.
The only difference is you do need to be in the proximity of 10 feet to be able to control the safe. In addition, the gun box does not include an override access. The safes designed with hydraulic shocks to keep the lid open. With the LED light, it illuminates for you to view the contents of the box.
The interior of the Gun Box 2.0 lined with a rubbery material. The gun box includes a rechargeable battery you can charge via the USB port available. Alternatively, you can charge your mobile devices with it. To check the battery life you can use the smartphone app and it has a built-in alarm notifying you if the safes moved.
The other standout feature is you can mount it with the pre-drilled mounting holes or use it with a steel cable tether. For traveling, it is TSA approved to take with you on an airplane or in your car. Moreover, if you are concerned about the interior space for your handgun the Gun Box 2.0 measures 7.5 x 8.75 x 1.75-inches to hold a combat pistol.
Features and Specs
- Designed with biometric, RFID, and Bluetooth opening
- The Gun Box 2.0 has a hydraulic opening
- There are two USB ports to charge the included battery or any other mobile device
- Has an audible alarm informing you if the box is moved
- Included pre-drilled mounting holes
- Can buy a Tether Cable separately
- Has an interior LED light and the interior has a rubber mat
- Can download the SafeTech app to your Android or iPhone
- Different color styles available
- Made with 4mm Die Cast Aluminum and weighs 7.2 pounds
- The interior dimension is 8.75 x 7.5 x 1.75-inches
- You receive included the Gun Box 2.0, 2 RFID keycards, 2 RFID fobs and a power adapter
- Furthermore, you receive a one-year limited warranty on parts and labor
Gun Box 2.0 Customer Reviews
When you read the Gun Box 2.0 reviews from customers the feelings mutual that this is one of the best handgun safes you can buy. They are pleased that you can plug in the safe for recharging the batteries. While others feel the lack of an override is a bit of a concern. Other users found the RFID and biometric technology, reliable and give you quick access when needed.
Pros and Cons Related to the Gun Box 2.0
- Great design
- Impeccable function
- Ample space to keep a Springfield XDS 9mm and 8 round magazines
- The fingerprint reader works as it should
- Amazing colors available to fit in with your home décor
- Android users have problems to connect the 2.0 model to their device
If you have the money to spend and need the best handgun safe, the Gun Box 2.0 is what you need. The firearm storage has updated technology features not found on many other models available. Furthermore, with the amazing color designs, it fits in with your current home décor with ease. The fact that you can mount it is even better. The technology used is solid when used with both the RFID and biometric scanner. The material used makes the firearm safe, durable to last a couple of years.
If you are a firearm owner, you need to take responsibility in keeping both your family and your gun secure while at home or on the road. By law, many places require you to keep your firearm locked away securely when home and while traveling. This is where the small gun safe / handgun safes comes in handy and you can find them right here for your convenience. So here’s a list of Best Handgun Safes.
|Sentry Safe Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe Model # QAP1BE||12 pounds||Check Price|
|Sentry Safe Quick Access Safe 0.08 Cubic Feet QAP1E||12.2 pounds||Check Price|
|SentrySafe Pistol Safe PP1K||7.5 pounds||Check Price|
|The GunBox Biometric Hand Gun Safe||7.2 pounds||Check Price|
|The GunBox 2.0||6.5 pounds||Check Price|
Sentry Safe Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe Model # QAP1BE
The SentrySafe Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe QAP1BE may not be practical price wise for all, but still a very reliable small gun safe. This safe, designed for you, if you live in a burglary prone area. The safes designed with a pry-resistant lid with slim modular drawer friendly design that is great for keeping firearms secure. Not only is it great for your firearm, it provides versatility in storing important documents as well. Made from 12-gauge steel and works with two fingerprints coding as well as a combination code.
Features and Specifications
- For advanced protection you receive both combination and digital lock system
- The door is pry-resistant to protect your firearms while providing a quick and quiet access
- The exterior is 3.2” H x 12.0” W x 9.9” Depth
- The interior holds a J $ K size revolver and is 2.2” H x 9.7” W x 6.6” Depth
- Provides you with single handed access while designed with a zero feedback lock with compression gas strut
- Can be placed inside a drawer or outside a drawer
Sentry Safe Quick Access Safe 0.08 Cubic Feet QAP1E
With the Sentry Safe Quick Access safe, you have a reliable safe that is equipped with a compression gas strut that is great for quick single-handed use. This safe provides you with a quiet entry when needed – designed with a durable steel construction while pry-resistant. You receive an override key and accommodate a larger pistol like the 1911 model.
Features and Specifications
- It has a zero feedback digital lock with no audible feedback while backlit
- The door of this small gun safe is pry-resistant while providing quiet access with the density gas strut
- When in an emergency, you can open this safe single handed
- It has a tough steel construction and layered out with foam
- Exterior: 3.2” H x 12” W x 9.9” Depth
- Interior: is 2.2” H x 9.7” W x 6.6” Depth
- The gun safe can be taken with you on the road or kept in or outside your drawer
SentrySafe PP1K Portable Pistol Safe
The SentrySafe PP1K is great when you are in need of keeping your firearm safe while traveling by car. The safes designed with a pry-resistant door and have a steel construction with a steel tethering cable. This cable allows you to attach the safe to an affixed object and great while traveling.
Features and Specifications
- The PP1K is great for people on the go
- Designed with solid steel
- The lids pry-resistant
- The interior has high compression foam to keep your firearm safe and very portable for both your car and home
- Exterior: 3.4” H x 11.3” W x 10.1” Depth
- Interior: 3.0” H x 9.8” W x 6.1” Depth
All SentrySafe firearm safes carry a one-year limited warranty.
Now for something more sexy and sleek:
The GunBox Biometric Hand Gun Safe
If you do have the funds and looking, for the best small handgun safe – look at this sexy unique GunBox Biometric handgun safe. Not only is this gun safe sexy it provides you with superb technology in a gun safe design. Made from aircraft strength aluminum alloy with a sleek, white exterior with black band and consist of a simple fingerprint scanner. This is the best handgun safes you can presently find available on the market.
Features and Specifications
- The GunBox can be opened by an RFID ring, sticker, or wristband while operating with your fingerprint at the same time
- It has a durable, strong aluminum shell and on the heavy side
- If the safe is moved an alarm goes off
- It provides you with a large capacity to easily keep two handguns safe with other valuables
- It has two USB ports for charging and also works with batteries if needed, to take with you on a trip
- Designed to hold multiple fingerprints
- Designed with mounting holes
- It has a Kensington lock port
The GunBox 2.0
With the GunBox 2.0, you get a quick to open handgun storage box. The handgun safe conceals your firearm and gives you quick access to it when you need it the most. The cutting-edge technology is noticeable. Furthermore, the GunBox is packed with safety features to keep it on a counter top, desk, or the nightstand. The box gives you biometric finger access and works with a RFID key card and fob for ease of access.
Features and Specifications
- Designed with a 360° biometric fingerprint scanner that holds different fingerprints
- You get quick access to the handgun safe box via the included RFID scanner opened with the key card or fob included
- Designed with an audible motion and tamper alarm that gives off a loud sound if the box is tampered with
- Has two USB ports for charging your mobile devices or to connect other USB enable accessories
- It has a battery that works up to 18 months of use
- The safety box is FAA approved for transporting your firearm
- Available in six colors Gunsmoke, glossy bond black, matte carbon black, arctic white, and billet gray
- Designed with automatic lid opening with the touch of your finger, Bluetooth app, or your RFID key card or fob
- Includes a one-year warranty
Gun safes you can buy online in different shapes and size. However, if you are looking for a great place to keep your guns hidden away you need the hidden gun safe making sure no one finds it. You want to make sure that your firearm and ammo is secure from prying hands. Here with us, you can find some great secret gun safes that you would never think would be a rifle safe. Here, we are covering following types of best hidden gun safes for home and office.
- Mirror Gun Safes
- Book Gun Safes
- Wall Frame Gun Safe
- Furniture Gun Storage
- Other Secret Safes
Before reading the full review, Lets Take a Quick Look at 5 Types of Different Hidden Gun Safes.
|Name||Use||Rating||Check Out !|
|Gun Cabinet Hidden In the Wall Mirror||Home / Office||4.9/5||Check Price|
|BARSKA Hidden Real Book Gun Safe||Portable||4.6/5||Check Price|
|Barska Antique Book Lock Box with Key Lock||Portable||4.0/5||Check Price|
|The Tactical Frame||Home / Office||3.0/5||Check Price|
|M9 Gun Concealment System||Home / Office||2.5/5||Check Price|
|Willa-Hide Picture Frame Hidden Gun Cabinet||Home / Office||4.0/5||Check Price|
|Covert Cabinets HG-21 Gun Cabinet Wall Shelf Hidden Storage||Home / Office||4.3/5||Check Price|
|Oak Covert Cabinets LG-36 Gun Cabinet Wall Shelf Hidden Storage with Led Lights||Home / Office||4.8/5||Check Price|
|Covert Cabinets SG-58 Gun Cabinet Wall Shelf Hidden Storage||Home / Office||3.5/5||Check Price|
|American Furniture Classics 611 10 Gun/Curio Slider Cabinet Combination||Home / Office||4.0/5||Check Price|
|The Pillow Safe||Home / Office||4.0/5||Check Price|
|Mantle Clock Safe Concealment Hidden Storage Compartment||Home / Office||4.5/5||Check Price|
|Handgun Concealment Flag Box Quick Access||Home / Office||4.0/5||Check Price|
Mirror Gun Safes
Who would ever think that a mirror could become a gun safe look at these stunning mirror gun safes available online and make it fit in comfortably with the rest of your home décor?
Gun Cabinet Hidden In the Wall Mirror
With the Gun Cabinet Hidden in the wall safe, you can safely place it inside or outside of the wall. This gun safe looks exactly like a mirror hanging on the wall and made from durable material. It comes with a magnetic key, can hold up to three rifles, and includes an upper shelf to store your pistol and ammo. At the bottom of this mirror gun safe, there is a mesh slip where you can hang smaller items and will require some carpentry skills to place the safe in the wall. You need to buy the molding material separately as it is not included if you want to place it in the wall. You receive the cabinet fully assembled.
Stand Out Features:
- The gun safe has a stylish mirror concealing the gun safe and measures 42.5 x 14 x 3.5-inches,
- You can place it into the wall or hang it on the outside of the wall,
- Designed with a magnetic locking device and weighs 30 lbs,
- You can place up to 3 rifles without the scope attached, ammo, and 2 handguns,
- It has an upper storage shelf with a square mesh bottom area inside the door,
Pro : Perfect for home security, quickly accessible, ample storage space, can use it for more than just keeping your weapons secure, fits in with any home décor
Con : Best placed in the wall and requires some work.
The Book Safe
Who would have ever thought that a book could become a hidden gun safe! There are many different brands available online but here we have two of these book safes standing out from the rest!
BARSKA Hidden Real Book Gun Safe
The BARSKA hidden real book gun safe is made from solid steel with a lightweight design. This safe looks exactly like a hardback book. When placed in between your other books it looks exactly like a novel and has a real paper exterior with pages. While on the inside, you are greeted with a solid steel construction and easy to take with you while traveling. You receive a set of keys and can store your handgun, jewelry, or passports in it. The outer side of the safe is 7.5 x 1.75 x 10.5-inches.
Stand Out Features:
- It is made from durable steel with a paper covering and design of a book,
- Store any valuables in it from your pistol to jewelry,
- Works with a key locking system and weighs 2.6-pounds,
- Outer Dimensions 7.5 x 1.75 x 10.5-inches; Inner dimensions 5 x 1x 7.75-inhes,
- You receive a backup key and a one-year warranty
Pro : Fits a standard Glock 19 with one magazine loaded and separately, feels like a real book and out of sight when placed with other books
Con : Not all handguns fit in it.
Barska Antique Book Lock Box with Key Lock
The BARSKA Antique Book gun safe looks and feels like a real book with a concealed compartment inside. The cover of the books features a magnetic lock while the interiors made out of strong steel. This hidden gun safe blend in with everything around your home and when placed with other books no one will even know there is a safe. Included with the book safe you receive a set of keys and are lightweight.
Stand Out Features:
- The front cover of this book safe has a magnetic closure keeping the safe closed,
- The interior of the safe is made from durable steel,
- You can store a handgun or other valuable in it,
- It has an outer dimension of 7 x 2.75 x 10.75-inches with an inner dimension of 5.5 x 2.25 x 9.25-inches and weighs 2.1-pounds,
- You receive a set of keys and a one-year limited warranty
Pro : The safe looks and feels like a book
Con : It is not a secure lock box.
Hidden Frame Safe
When looking at the hidden frame safe it looks like a normal picture frame but is a secret gun safe. Here we have three hidden frame safes you can look at.
The Tactical Frame
The Tactical Frame you can hang on the wall in any room of the home. This model is made in the USA and you can safely keep your coins, documents, firearms and other valuables in it. The tactical frame has hinges and swings open to reveal the safe and you can open the frame in any direction by flipping it over. It comes with pre-drilled holes on the back for ease of installation and includes the hardware for mounting. You can even replace the picture with one of your own. In the concealed apartment, it has magnets to keep your handgun secured.
Stand Out Features:
- The frame has a hinged door that opens into any direction and has a concealed apartment,
- Keep any type of valuables in this hidden gun safe,
- It has a standard frame size of 8 x 10-inches while the internal dimensions are 8 x 10 x 1.38-inches,
Pro : Can replace the picture, easy access, no need of cutting into the sheetrock, ample space
Con : It does not lock and only for concealment.
M9 Gun Concealment System
The M9 Gun concealment system you mount into a standard wall in between the wall studs. You receive 4 extra foam blanks if your first cutting out was not successful and you receive magnets to keep your firearms in place. When the picture frame is in the flush position it conceals the compartment and once opened the secret gun safe extends and tilts out. You can even replace the frame with a larger one.
Stand Out Features:
- You can easily mount it to any wall,
- It comes with 4 foam blanks and magnets to hold your gun in place,
- When in position it sits flush to the wall concealing the compartment and once opened the hidden compartment extends and tilts out,
- You can replace the frame with a larger one and the hidden compartment measures 11.5 x 8.5 x 1.5-inches
Pro : You can use it on any type of wall, conceals well
Con : Not secure enough only conceals.
Willa-Hide Picture Frame Hidden Gun Cabinet
The Willa-Hide Picture Frame is a U.S. made gun cabinet to conceal your weapons and valuable. The front slides out giving you access to your important items and when not needed it conceals and secures your belongings. It has a secure locking system. You can choose from different color designs and wood from modern to rustic. It has adjustable shelving and works with an earth magnet key. You can buy them for a normal handgun or you can buy the larger one for your rifles and shotgun.
Stand Out Features:
- You can use the Willa-Hilde anywhere in your home or office,
- Store your family picture in the frame that measures 16 x 20,
- It has metal glides that help the cabinet door to slide and stays in place with the steel locking pin system,
- It includes a magnetic key that unlocks the door
Pro : Conceals well and big enough to hide away valuable depending on the size you buy
Con : A bit expensive.
Hidden Gun Storage Furniture
Whoever thought that you could get hidden gun storage furniture check these out!
Covert Cabinets HG-21 Gun Cabinet Wall Shelf Hidden Storage
The Covert Cabinet HG-21 is a drop down hidden gun safe that you can buy in two different wood colors the cherry and satin black. You can store up to two handguns and works with a magnetic lock and key. It works with hinges that have a gas spring to control the opening. Place your priced photos or some home decorations on top of it.
Stand Out Features:
- This is a gun cabinet with a shelf that drops down into a hidden gun safe,
- Can buy them in two different wood colors,
- Store up to two handguns,
- Works with a magnetic lock and key,
- Exterior dimensions 21 x 12 x 4-inches; interior and exterior load limit is 20 lb and easy to mount,
- Includes the mounting hardware and the hinges work with a gas spring
Pro : The hidden gun storage furniture safe looks great, has a great locking system, simple to use, excellent wood finish, has a LED light
Con : Designed only for concealment and not safety.
Oak Covert Cabinets LG-36 Gun Cabinet Wall Shelf Hidden Storage with Led Lights
You can hang the Oak Covert LG-36 gun cabinet on any wall in your home or office. Place items on the shelf and it looks like any other piece of the fixture in your home. Even the lock, latches, and the hinges concealed but once the compartment drops, it reveals your priced possessions. It has an interior magnetic lock system that opens with a magnetic key. The hinges open smoothly with the dampener gas spring.
Stand Out Features:
- It is a 46-inch shelf with a drop down hidden compartment with three by LED lights,
- It includes two magnetic safety locks with two keys for opening the cabinet,
- You receive included customizable foam inserts,
- The hinges operate with dampener gas springs,
- It has an exterior dimension of 46 x 12.25 x 4.5-inches and an interior dimension of 36 x 8 x 2.5-inches,
- You can load the exterior and interior with 40 lb,
- You receive included the instructions and mounting hardware
Pro : Easy to install, well made, conceals well
Con : Only conceals and not made to keep your firearms secure.
Covert Cabinets SG-58 Gun Cabinet Wall Shelf Hidden Storage
The Covert Cabinet SG-58 is similar to the previous models as the compartment drops down under the shelf. It has a magnetic locking system that opens with a magnetic key and blends in with other furniture. A great secret gun safe conceals but does not keep your firearms safe.
Stand Out Features:
- This Covert Cabinet is 58-inches and the hidden compartment drops down beneath it,
- It has an Espresso finish and you can easily store your rifle and a handgun in it,
- It has a 2 magnetic operating system that opens with the 2 magnetic keys provided,
- The hinges open smoothly as it works with a dampener gas spring,
- It has an exterior dimension of 58 x 12,25 x 4.5-inches and an interior dimension of 36 x 8 x 2.5-inches,
- You can load the exterior and interior with 40 lb.
American Furniture Classics 611 10 Gun/Curio Slider Cabinet Combination
The American Furniture Classic gun cabinets concealed behind a tempered glass display and slide out. You can easily place your rifle and shotgun in this display cabinet and fits into any room. It has a unique slider lock and easily accessible.
Stand Out Features:
- The American Furniture Classic gun cabinet is in a brown color design,
- It is made from wood and wood veneer,
- It has a sliding gun storage hidden behind the curio display,
- It has a unique slider lock on the inside of the curio display,
- The interior has glass shelves to display items,
- Behind the lower door, it has extra locking storage space,
- You receive two sets of keys one to unlock the glass door and one to unlock the concealed storage space
- The shelves are adjustable, and
- It weighs 190 pounds and measures 22 x 26 x 66-inches
Pro : Made from solid wood, vintage design give it a great look with other furniture of your room, can fit up to a 4 ft gun
Con : Does not come fully assembled. assembling it is very easy.
Other Secret Gun Safes
Now if you are looking for something completely different then look at the following secret gun safes.
The Pillow Safe
With the pillow safe, you receive a pillow with a leather compartment on the inside of the pillow to hold your valuables while sleeping. The secret gun compartments kept secured into place with magnets and automatically shut.
Stand Out Features:
- The pillow safe has a soft touch to it with a brushed polyester cover,
- The secret compartment is on the inside of the pillow,
- The hidden closure is kept secure in place with magnets and shuts automatically,
- It weighs very light 1.9 pounds and measures 20 x 28 x 5-inches
Pro : Great to use for your handgun, comfortable to sleep on
Con : Only made for concealment and not securing items.
Mantle Clock Safe Concealment Hidden Storage Compartment
Mantle Clocks have always been classic in any home as it blends in with most furniture pieces and décor. This Mantle clock safe is made with a walnut finish and solid wood with a clock fixture. It folds open to reveal a safe behind the face and even works. It has a magnetic latched and hinged panel while the compartments lined with felt. It works with an AA battery and has four feet at the bottom.
Stand Out Features:
- The Mantle Clock has a vibrant walnut finish and great for storing valuable items,
- It has quartz movement and made from wood,
- It folds open to reveal the safe behind the face and has a magnetic latch,
- The inside of the compartment has felt lining,
- It weighs 5.5 pounds and measures 4.7 x 9.4 x 13.3-inches
Pro : Has a functional clock, has a strong magnet
Con : Does not have a lock and only conceals.
Handgun Concealment Flag Box Quick Access
This Memorial Handgun concealment flag box gives you quick access to your valuable. The concealment box has a MDF fiberboard construction with an oak finish. It opens from the front and great if you are in a hurry. You can easily fit your S&W 357 Magnum, a knife, and other valuables in it. All these items are concealed behind the flag presentation. Magnets keep the door in place and it does not include the paper flag display.
Stand Out Features:
- You can hide your valuables in plain sight with this Memorial Handgun flag display box,
- It has enough space for a 3 x 5 paper flag presentation,
- Does not include the flag display
- Enough room to keep different items together,
- Hang it on a wall, shelf, or mantle and it has non-scratch feet,
- The front door has Plexiglas and measures 17 x 12-inches
Pro : Looks great and durable
Con : Does not have a lock.
Here we looked at some of the best hidden gun safes, go for this If you are only looking for a safe place to conceal your firearm. Hidden gun safes are sure to keep you mesmerized However, they only keep things concealed and not much secure, so we recommend that you still buy yourself a proper gun safe if you require a solid safety. The majority of these hidden gun safes works with magnetic locks but is not as secure as your standard gun safes.
There is no meaning of owning a gun if somebody break into your house or office and you can’t access your firearm in time, this is very common mistake that gun owners make and can’t defend themselves despite owning a firearm. There’s one solution to it, keep a quick access gun safe at least for your handgun. You don’t need to keep your large weapon arsenal at quick access, because in any kind of emergency situation you can only use one gun. So, Here are some of the Best Quick Access Gun safe to defend your home and office.
Best Quick Access Handgun Safe
Here are some of the excellent products that made to our list of easy access gun safe.
Gunvault GV2000S Multi Vault Standard Gun Safe
Gunvault GV2000s comes with two shelf so you can keep a gun and other valuables. This safe is very strong built with 16 gauge steel, Gunvault patented no eyes keypad gives fast access in emergency, this safe is a good balance of price and the quality. but here is the main reason why this safe is popular, Gunvault GV2000s is very handy, you can mount it anywhere in any direction at your place, you can place it anywhere near your bed, inside your closet because of it’s shape and size.
- Removable interior shelf
- Back up keys
- No eyes keypad to easily access safe even in dark.
- Audio feedback that can be disable in silent mode
- Tamper indicator notes all invalid attempts to open safe, and in built computer blocks access after several wrong entry codes.
- Powered with 9v alkaline battery.
The separator shelving in middle of GV2000s is made with plastic that may have fitting and quality issue, and other thing is GV2000s doesn’t have a low battery indicator. There are no major downsides in GV2000s, it will satisfy your needs for sure.
Sentry Safe Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe – QAP1BE
Sentry Safe Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe is combination of Heavy construction and great technology, QAP1BE comes with the smoothest and quickest fingerprint reader in the market and setup is very easy. It has 4 buttons with blue light for the combination lock. doesn’t matter which feature you use to open it, it opens very quickly and silently. it has a enough room to store a handgun with extra mag and flashlight. You can mount QAP1BE in Horizontal orientation like floor, shelf or flat mount anywhere, screws are also included with the product.
- Both Biometric and Keypad access.
- Easily accessible with single hand.
- zero feedback lock for quite entry.
- Made with 12 gauge solid steel.
- Pry-resistant door
Battery lasts for around 2.5 months buyers expecting longer battery life. Other than that it has no problems, QAP1BE is the perfect bedside safe.
Gunvault SpeedVault SVB500 gun safe
Gunvault SpeedVault SVB500 provides you the quickest access with it’s fast activation drop down drawer and position of gun inside safe, It’s a great night stand safe if you want to mount it near your bed, it has a very little light inside to make it possible to operate at night. Built with 18 Gauge steel with excellent features and quality makes this safe perfect for quick access your handgun.
- Biometric Finger print Scanner that gives you access of your gun in a second.
- Interior light that helps you at night.
- Interior form that saves your firearm from scratches.
- Fast Activation drop down drawer that gives quickest access in the market.
- Back up keys.
Drop down drawer makes a little noise when it opens, but not so loud that would make an issue.
Best Quick Access Rifle Safe
BARSKA Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe
BARSKA Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe is very solid built and reliable safe that can carry 3 rifles and one handgun with additional handgun shelf inside. It’s perfect for home you can attach it to wall or floor with pre-drilled points. Fingerprint reorganization is very fast and smooth that gives you quick access, this is the best quick access rifle safe with biometric technology you got in this price range. This barska rifle safe has no issue what so ever with its quality and reliability.
- Bio metric lock with capacity of storing up to 120 finger prints
- Has a handgun shelf.
- Very Silent Door, makes no noise
- Back up keys to open safe.
- Powered by 4 AA Batteries that can last upto 2 years.
Manufacturer advertises that this safe can carry 4 rifles and a handgun, it’s overstatement. This safe is made for storing 3 rifles and 1 handgun.
Mounting Magnet For Quick Access at Office
If you’re at office and need a quick access, this is the one gives quickest access than any other gun product, you can attach it to any metal it’s a very strong magnet, if you want to attach it under your wooden table than you can simple staple it, there’s no need of additional hardware.This works great and saves a space of gun safe. i would definitely recommend this to those who doesn’t need safe.
We hope that This list of Best Quick Access Gun Safe helps you to purchase right product for your needs. Safety is Most Important.
You have all heard the saying, “Curiosity killed the cat!” Well, this goes for firearm owners if they do not have a gun safe, and have kids in the home. Kids are very curious as they grow up and do amazing things you have never thought up yourself. They may look as if they are not clever, but they will prove you wrong.
Moreover, to your amazement, they climb like chimps and this makes you wonder, have you hidden your firearm in a suitable place and out of their hands. If not, it is time to start thinking about buying a gun safe. Stay a while and read on, we are sure that you will find our Gunvault GV2000S Multi Vault Standard Gun Safe Review an interesting read.
What makes the Gunvault GV2000S different ?
For one, it will reinforce your feelings towards security. Secondly, you can never be too careful when owning more than one weapon, and need a secure place to safeguard them from theft, and your kids. This is where the Gunvault GV2000S is one of the best in safeguarding your firearms and important documents.
For more than one handgun this firearm safes made to use at your office or home and worth considering.
It is a compact, versatile and safe
Versatility is endless with this firearm safe for a good reason. It is great for both your office and home as it has two shelves that are compact for storing more than one handgun. You can place one handgun in it and use the second shelved for valuable documents as well.
One thing that we noticed is that the safe is a bit taller in the front section compared to the back, and does cut down storage space. The interior of the Gunvault GV2000S Multi Vault Standard Gun safes padded out preventing damage to your firearms. You can remove the shelf for storing larger guns; however, the position of the shelf is not adjustable.
A sturdy and secure safe
As the design of the vaults made with the door in the front, you can fix it to the floor, and under a desk or nightstand. You receive the hardware and templates making it easier to fasten. It only weighs 14lbs and anyone can carry this safe or remove it when standing loose.
For additional security, it has tabs for applying security cables as well, but they are not included in the package. The safes made from 16-gauge steel with a high-strength lock. The door has a spring-loaded mechanism that works in combination with the electronic system. You can use up to millions of different codes with the 4-button system.
Programming the gun safe is easy while the supplied instructions are written clearly. You receive two by overriding keys if the batteries happen to die on you or if there is keypad failure. It has warning alert signals for low battery or wrong code entering.
Specifications and Features
- The Gunvault GV2000S is made from 16-gauge steel that is long lasting and durable,
- Exterior dimensions: 8 inches x 10 ¼ inches x 14 inches,
- Interior dimensions: 6 inches x 9 inches x 12 ¾ inches,
- Weighs 14lbs,
- Has over millions of user-selectable access codes,
- It is mountable, has a protective foam lining, and a spring loaded door,
- Designed with audio signals to warn you if the battery is low or if you entered the wrong code,
- After entering repeated incorrect codes it blocks access to the safe,
- You receive backup override keys,
- Can use a 1,500 Lb security cable with it, but you need to buy this separately,
- It does not include the 9v-1 battery and the gun safes California DOJ approved,
- You can disable the audio for stealth access, and you receive
- One-year limited warranty
You can see many Gunvault GV2000S reviews on Amazon as there are big number of clients who have bought this product. Many consumers like this safe and have rated it with 4.3 stars. However, as with any product you have positive and negative reviews, so let us check them out:
Pros and Cons
- It offers you enough space to place two medium sized handguns in it,
- The safe is easy to access,
- It is secure enough to keep unwanted hands out of it,
- The programmable keypad is superb with warning alerts for entering the wrong code, and
- You can turn off the audible sound for stealth mode.
- The shelf is a bit on the flimsy side and not adjustable if you remove the separator shelving in the middle.
- One consumer advised that there is no warning of a low battery and best to check the battery at all times.
The Gunvault GV2000S Multi Vault Standard Gun Safe is an affordable product to keep your firearms safe. As with most products, this safe has some minor flaws. However, it will keep your kids out of harm’s way. Accessing the safe is quick and easy and fills the need of keeping your guns in a safe place. So if you do have kids, make sure to keep those.
Personally, I have owned a pistol box for a year now and decided to share with you the Fort Knox PB1 Handgun Safe Review. Now to get back to the review and the reason for writing this article, I wanted to see how long it would take me to get through all the possible combinations of this pistol box.
The Fort Knox PB1 has over a thousand possible combinations and that made me curious. (It took me more than 20 minutes to work through all the available combinations.)
Why you should choose the Fort Knox PB1
Because with the more than a thousand combinations, the Fort Knox PB1 is made from 10-gauge steel, is small, and comes with four pre-drilled mounting holes. It has interior carpet and you receive a lifetime warranty.
First, the lock does not freeze up and does prevent you from entering codes if you are attempting to find out what the correct codes are. You can poke that button as much as you like the designed mechanical lock just does not care. It used to have a simplex-styled lock but recently they have changed it with KABA brand locks with round buttons.
If you are in need of changing the combination you will need the correct combination entered, so even pressing the reset button will not help. A steel tab for further protection protects the combination reset button. It does not have a spring-loaded plunger but a deadbolt mechanism instead.
The Fort Knox PB1 handgun safe is a top open vault that measures 12.5 inches x 10.2 inches x 4.5 inches. It is a large pistol box and due to the steel used is heavy, weighing in at 22 lbs. In addition, it has gas struts installed that works well in self-defense situations.
While it has tamper-resistant hinges found under the door, making them pry-resistant. However, one question does remain – can it prevent theft. Yes, it can if you prevent people from accessing it on a regular basis.
Yes, it can keep your firearm out prying hands from children. However, if they are at an age of developing and recognizing combinations it is best to lock it away with your firearm in a wall safe. Prying open, this safe with a tool will take you a while and will not happen in a hurry, and with it bolted down, they are not able to take it with them.
Moreover, all depending on the size of your firearm you may be able to fit two in this gun vault. Not only is it great for keeping firearms secured, you can use it for other valuable items as well.
Features and Specifications
- The Fort Knox PB1 is made from 10-gauge steel with tamper-resistant door,
- The doors, assisted with gas struts,
- The hinges are welded to conceal them,
- It weighs 22 lbs,
- The external dimensions are 12.5 inches x 10.2 inches x 4.5 inches,
- Internal dimensions are 3 inches x 10,5 inches x 9 inches,
- Designed with a fast opening mechanical locking device,
- Lined with padding,
- Easy to install with the four pre-drilled holes for bolting the vault down, and
- You receive a lifetime warranty.
Amazon has some great Fort Knox PB1 reviews available for you to read. Consumers have rated this gun vault with an excellent rating of 4.9 stars. There are fewer complaints when it comes to this model and the majority is pleased with the security it provides.
Pros and Cons while using the Fort Knox PB1
- The locking mechanism is smooth and reliable,
- It is durable, sturdy, and heavy with the steel it’s made from,
- It fits my Taurus Judge with a 6.5-inch barrel and one my 1911 with a 6-inch barrel, and
- It is easy to use.
- The only remark I have is that the gas struts make a bit of a noise when opened, but not a major problem for me – while others feel if you need to use it in a stealth mode will notify the burglar, maybe even better, at least there will be no need of shooting someone!
If you are in need of safeguarding your firearms and keeping your kids away from them, I suggest the Fort Knox PB1 Handgun Safe. It is a durable, reliable, and easy to use vault. It has plentiful storage room for two average sized firearms and you can keep other significant items in it as well. For an affordable priced gun vault, this is the one to have and presently sold as one of the best available online.
Everyone has important items or a firearm that you need to keep safely secured – am I right or am I right! With our GunBox Biometric Hand Gun Safe Review, you will see how great this product is – and when you buy it, you will never have the need of stressing about your handgun ever again.
Luckily, for you, we have tried this GunBox and it is one of the far better biometric pistol boxes available on the market now. It has a technologically complex design for some great reasons, so let us get on with it!
The Technological complex design of the GunBox Biometric Safe
First, the GunBox Biometric Safe is something to rave about. The box is built sturdy from aircraft aluminum shell. Therefore, it will protect that handgun from prying hands. Secondly, another importance is that it is FAA approved.
This is an essential part if you are planning to take your firearm with you on a trip when in need of checking in your luggage. There is no need of removing it from your bags and off course depends on city to city.
Not only is it great for traveling by aircraft, it is a great companion when traveling by car as well. It has a sleek and stylish design.
Designed with a responsive RFID scanner
A very important feature to have and that is a responsive RFID scanner that works at all time. The GunBox Biometric safe recognizes different sets of fingerprints simultaneously. As an added bonus, you can secure your handgun with a ring or bracelet used as opening key and not only your fingerprint. Therefore, varieties of options exist for entering this safe box.
It does operate with a battery and charging is simple via the included USB port. The battery life has extended life and comes with a backup operating at the time you need it the most.
In addition, if we may it looks so sexy and stands out when compared to your Apple phone.
Ease of opening
Personally, we have opened this safe over hundreds of times by using the different available methods such as fingerprints, the RFID ring, and bracelet. It has zero problems in opening either way. The only thing is that when you use the fingerprint scanner to make sure you position your fingers properly. Always make sure the scanners clean from grease as this could become problematic as well.
Use it to travel with and charge it as you would charge all your other mobile devices by the kitchen table, or next to your bed. Moreover, you receive a free security service subscription for a year to activate the GPS tracking functionality with alert service.
The only concern is when you add your handgun and additional magazine to it. Make sure that it does not add extra thickness as it could cause problems in closing or opening. Prevent adding extra thickness as this could cause the motor not to work.
Specifications and Features
- The GunBox Biometric safe has two by USB ports for charging the battery,
- It has battery backup and a shut off switch,
- Designed with mounting holes,
- Great to use when traveling by airplane, great for Camper and RV use, you only need to buy a car adaptor extra,
- Designed with a Kensington locking system,
- Approved for TSA and FAA,
- Has a 360° biometric scanner with multiple entry uses, such as fingerprint scanning, RFID ring, RFID wristband or sticker not included with the package,
- Has an internal vibration sensor with an audible alarm,
- Made from durable aluminum aircraft material, and
- You receive a one-year limited warranty.
Related to GunBox Biometric safe reviews, you can find a handful of them online. Consumers are pleased with the latest technology of the biometric system and the use of either fingerprint scanning, RFID wristband or the RFID ring. Some say it is a bit pricey, but money well spent. The only problem mentioned is that you need to make sure the scanners clean from grease, as it will not open if dirty.
Pros & Cons
- Made from durable material and pry resistant,
- Easy to use and open with your fingerprints,
- The options of opening it either by fingerprint, ring or the wristband are superb,
- Has a slim design and fits in most places to keep it out of prying eyes, and
- Has a great customer service that responds within 48-hours time.
- A bit expensive, but what can you expect with the high-tech technology built into this safe box,
- The scanner does not read properly if it is dirty but expected with most biometric scanners.
If you are a real technology fan, you will love the GunBox Biometric safe. There is no need of remembering codes and no need of replacing batteries. All you need is your finger, a RFID ring, or a RFID bracelet. It stores a pistol and an extra magazine, but makes sure that when adding accessories it adds thickness. It is sleek, sexy, and great to take with you anywhere!
Free will is balanced by conscientious! Nowhere is this clearer than within a population of firearm owners. As a gun owner, one needs to learn to be cautious while at the shooting range and at home. You need to learn safety rules and responsibility when handling a weapon, especially around children.
With the Hornady Security Rapid Gun Safe in your home, it deals with two major dilemmas that all firearm owners face: easy to get to emergency right to use and safe storage space for your firearm at all times. TODAY, you will see what makes this gun safe one of the best gun storage providers available on the market! Here is my personal review of the Hornady Rapid Safe:
Why You Need This Gun Safe
The Hornady Rapid Safe metal designed lock box securely holds a single firearm stowed away for ease of access during emergencies. One can use this gun safe anywhere, but more likely to be placed beside your bed.
The gun safes packed with features and one that stands out the most is the rapid entry via the Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) emitter. The gun safes constructed with 16-gauge steel with a high-quality finish making the lock box look and feel nice.
When holding the Rapid gun safe in your hand, it is on the heavy side and weighs 16 lbs when placed on our shipping scale. The interior has enough foam padding to store your pistol in the built-in metal sleeve. Moreover, the great thing about this gun safe is the fact that once you open the door it presents you with your pistol and great in emergencies.
No matter how many times you open this gun safe your pistols presented to you in the same way without the pistol moving around and opens with a pair of gas struts. The only thing that you may find is that it will take up some room when placed on a nightstand.
When comparing the Hornady Security Rapid gun safe to other brands out there, it exceeds the ASTM International standards and approved by the state of California.
Getting Right of Entry
One can get right of entry to the Rapid in three ways: a built-in electronic keypad, mechanical key, or RFID entry. For the fastest entry, RFID works the best as here at home, we have tried all of them. The keypad comes second while using the metal key is a bit on the slow side and great if not pressured for time. The RFID keys one can program and you receive one credit card-sized keycard, one key fob, and 3 rubber wristbands.
Wearing the wristband is something that you need to get used to and while wearing does not pinch you. I wear mine while sleeping and the RFID keys all work perfectly once programmed. The lock box has a two-memory slot design and you can only use two of the keys at any given time.
While the other problem is that, you will not be able to open the lock box with two bracelets and the key fob at the same time. The Hornady Rapid Safe comes with a standard entry code that you can easily change.
Benefits, Specifications, And Features of The Rapid Safe
- The Rapid gun safe is a combination safe with a preset code that you can easily change, and works with power – meaning that the safe always needs to be powered,
- The firearm safe includes 5 different RFID tags such as 3 by bracelets, one by key fob, and one by key card. It stores up to two different tags at a time and you can only program two tags to use, but the other tags can be circulated,
- Your gun safe can be operated without power and runs on the built-in battery power (AA batteries) and offers you with different light warnings that you can see in the manual provided here,
- While the system is on there is a backlit reader and switches off when the system times out after a couple of seconds, or when the battery is low, but can be manually turned off as well,
- The Hornady Security Rapid Gun Safes designed for both right/left handed people and you can reserve it to any position needed,
- The design of the gun safes versatile and accommodates most 4-inch barreled revolvers and 5-inch pistols,
- You receive included with your lock box a security cable, power supply cord & 220V adapter, 3 RFID bracelet tags, 1 RFID card tag, 1 RFID key fob tag, 2 circular keys, warranty card, owner’s manual, and the Hornady Decal Magnet,
- It comes with a limited warranty for a year, and
- The safes made from thick 16-gauge steel weighs 16 lbs and have a dimension of 15.5” x 9” x 3.5-inches.
When you need a little bit more than just my word, you can read some interesting Hornady Security Rapid gun safe reviews online. One of these is Amazon, and customers have provided excellent feedback related to this safe. Customers have unbiased feelings when buying the gun safe as many have said that their gun was stuck in the safe. Others are pleased with the product and work as advertised.
Pros & Cons While Using The Hornady Rapid Safe
- The gun safes sturdy and well built
- The instruction manuals easy to understand,
- The backlit keys are great as it lightens up as soon as you touch the keypad,
- When pressing the keys, it does not have a beeping sound and is great,
- They include different ways of opening the gun safe, so if there is a problem with either one of the options should work,
- The mechanical locks concealed and needs prying open, and
- Accessing the gun safe is quite fast at times.
All complaints here are problems that I have not personally had while working with the gun safe:
- The gun got stuck in the safe and it was a present with a typical 30-day return window,
- Complaints about the control panel made out of fragile plastic,
- Sometimes takes a while to open and close
While using the Hornady Security Rapid Gun Safe it has worked flawlessly. The way of entry is fast and all the available RFID options are great and much better than using your fingerprint. The design is sturdy and while some say they can open it with a paper clip will have to see if my toddlers are intelligent enough to try it! It stands by my bedside and I have even taken it with me in my car!
In our modern day society, especially in America, everyone is gun crazy – and with gun crazy comes safety. Especially, keeping your firearm locked away out of the kid’s hands preventing unforeseen accidents. If you are not looking for a big massive safe and only have, one firearm the Sentry Safe QAP1BE Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe is perfect.
This biometric safe is made for a smaller sized handgun and you program it to read your fingerprint and one of the finest in biometric technology. This is great if cannot remember passwords.
Why you should buy the Sentry Safe QAP1BE
First, it will make a great long-term solution as humans are known to have memory lapses while your fingerprint never changes. The Sentry Safe QAP1BE stores up to two fingerprints and you can use a password as well in addition to the fingerprint scanner to open the pistol safe if needed.
The pistol safe is made from thick steel and compact enough to fit into a desk drawer or for keeping safe in a larger safe. The design of the Sentry Safe is innovative, requires only one of your hands to operate, and requires no additional programming. Furthermore, it provides you with three different access features including the biometric scanner, keyed lock, and entry code.
The safe opens with a dense gas strut holds the door open and works super quiet in stealth situations.
The QAP1BE safe is made of 12-gauge stainless steel making it light and great for transporting. It can also withstand a blow from an axe and the doors are pry-safe. The reason for this is that the lip that overhangs the bottom section of the safe prevents anyone from using a crowbar to open it and presents you with no advantage in being able to pry it open.
At the bottom of the pistol safe, you can find pre-drilled holes to mount it to the base of the floor or a drawer and comes included with the mounting hardware. The gun safe provides enough storage for 1 by full sized handgun or for placing two super compact pistols.
However, this biometric safe works differently to other brands as it has a copper strip found underneath the section where you place your finger and detects the warmth of your body to initiate the process. This is a superb feature as it reduces the time to open the safe and leaves your other hand free to grab your pistol make ease of access great.
The Sentry Safe QAP1BE Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe has a quiet operation and only works in silent mode with a flashing LED light providing feedback. While the gas powered door strut lifts the safe door with ease, making no noise and prevents alerting burglars of what you are doing.
It only provides you access with storing up to 4 enrolled fingers, however, does require you to do them from all angles at once providing it with a full image right away of your fingerprint. The safe is battery operated, works with 4 x AA batteries that are not included in the package, and warns you of battery life with the flashing LED.
Specifications and Features
- Has a solid 12-gauge stainless steel construction that is pry-resistant
- Designed with a biometric secure lock, with a backlit, electronic keypad, allowing up to 2 users with a tubular override key
- The door opens silently with the compression designed gas strut and holds it open for you providing single-handed access
- Provides enough storage for your firearm
- Works with 4 AA batteries for both the biometric system and keypad
- You receive a one-year limited warranty
- Dimensions: 6.6” H x 9.7” W x 2.2” D and weighs 12.9 pounds
- Includes a protective liner
Amazon presents you with some great Sentry Safe QAP1BE Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe reviews. Overall users are pleased with the product as it keeps their handgun safe while keeping their kids out. It provides ample space for and does not suffer any design flaws. Some complaints from users are the keypad as it feels slightly spongy and makes it difficult when entering passwords and one could easily miss-enter codes when you are in stealth mode but the fingerprint access is very reliable.
Pros and Cons
- The scanner is very accurate, but you need to be cautious when using for the first time, not to do it too fast
- The safe is useful when used in the dark, especially if you are using the keypad as the first four buttons have a slight dent in them that is handy when used
- Provides enough storage space for one full sized handgun
- The provided pre-drilled holes and screws are great for mounting the safe
- The gun safe has a solid and durable design
- The keypad is very soft and a personal preference when it comes to customers as they would prefer sturdier buttons
The Sentry Safe QAP1BE Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe has a solid construction and great for people who only have one firearm that needs keeping safe. It has no design flaws while the code reset you can find underneath the plastic panel and battery pack and great as a person cannot reset the code when using a paper clip as it is pry-resistant. It has a solid construction even when dropped. So if you are looking for a small, durable safe this is the one to have!
As a small boy, I watched my dad’s old cowboy movies repeatedly and dreamt of being a gunslinger, amazed at the speed by which they access their revolvers from their pouch. Well, I own a pistol today and the latest creation the GunVault SpeedVault SV500 gun safe. In this GunVault SpeedVault SV500 Gun Safe Review we tried to cover all the important information that helps buyer.
The first thing that comes to mind is the design as it looks cool and unlike your normal box like safes as it is mounted to my desk at home and I have one mounted in my room next to my bed as well. Walk the road with me as we provide safety for our home with this amazing gunslinger safe to keep your children out of harm’s way while keeping your pistol safely in one place.
The Cool Design of the GunVault SpeedVault SV500
If you are in need of a great safe to mount to fixed surfaces, while still in need of securely accessing your gun, then the GunVault SpeedVault SV500 is a superb product that will meet all your requirements. This gun slinging styled safe is one of the best and fastest access gun safes sold today.
When buying this safe, you will have a handy safe that you can use at work or at the office as it mounts easily behind a door, under your office desk, or even a wall. The SV500 has a sturdy construction, made of 18-guage steel, and weighs in at around seven pounds.
You can buy them in two different secure locking styles “Biometric (SVB500) and Combination (SV500)”; I own the combination locking system that is more affordable than the biometric locking system. Although the biometric locking system stands out more for most people, the digital keypad works perfectly well.
The only problem that you may have is that the gun safe only provides safety for a single handgun. The safe has a foamed lining on the interior while it automatically shuts down after opening the safe to save battery life.
Ease of Installation
Mounting the SV500 is a breeze and only takes about 10 minutes as the design is superb and comes with separate mounting brackets included. It attaches pretty much to any solid surface as mentioned previously, I have it mounted under my desk and next to my bed. The package includes screws and the mounting bracket.
Right of entry
If you decide to buy the SVB500 that has a biometric locking system, it allows you to store up to 120 fingerprints with the first two sets of fingerprints registered as administrators. While the GunVault SpeedVault SV500 presents you with 256 unique combinations with four to the power and 4 in mathematical terms. The access code can consist of anywhere between 3 – 6 entries that can be a single key press or a combination of 2 – 4 key-presses.
If you find that you have forgotten your access code or the battery dies, you still have your two backup keys to help you with access.
Additional unique features
A feature that I am sure you will like is the tamper mode feature that provides you with information if someone has tried to access the gun safe by entering a wrong code as the LED display will show red. While green warns that, you have entered the right combination.
The gun safe has a beeping sound when the keys are pressed, but you can keep things quiet with the mute button, however, the safe itself does still make a slight noise when opened.
Features and Benefits of The SV500
- The safe is made from 18-gauge steel with digital keypad
- It has an upright mounting design with superb camouflage preferences
- The lock is strengthened and the safe has both audible and visual alarm advising if the battery is low with a mute function
- You receive two backup keys, screws, and a mounting plate
- Exterior dimensions 6.5 x 3.5 x 13-inches (Height x Width x Depth) – weighs 7 pounds
- California DOJ Approved and it is not fireproof or waterproof
- You receive a one-year warranty
What Customers Have to Say regarding the safe
When it comes to GunVault SpeedVault SV500 reviews, customers are pleased with the handgun safe as it keeps their handgun safely intact and away from children and their teenagers. The safe is easy to open and as fast as a gunslinger while easy to program. While some users feel it is a bit noisy when opening and requires longer mounting screws.
Pros and Cons
- The gun safe is simple to use, even with the digital locking system and provides quick access
- Provides you with flexible mounting as you can mount it anywhere
- The lock programs easily and with the backup keys provided it is great
- Designed with internal flood light that is great when in need of using during the night
- The mute button is great for turning off the beeping sound
- As fast as a gunslinger when opening
- Can accommodate many types of handguns
- You can only place one handgun in the safe
- The latch does make a loud noise
- Many have complained that they need to provide longer screws – but you can buy these type of screws at any hardware store
I may not be a gunslinger, but when I use the GunVault SpeedVault SV500 gun safe it makes me feel like one. It is a simple gun safe and installs in most concealed places with the great design. If you are in need of a handgun safe that fulfills the purpose of keeping your handgun safe and out of reach of your children this is the one to have. It is a great safe with a superb handgun design and great to keep your firearm close by when needed. We hope our GunVault SpeedVault SV500 Gun Safe Review covers enough information about the product.